Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The last ones!


Levi was next. I'd been living in Northern California for about a year and finally had a job in the office. I approached HR about having a service puppy in training in the office and he told me "he didn't think they'd go for it but I need to ask the President and VP."
GULP.... I was freshly out of college and this was a terrifying thought.... But I sucked it up and did it. And they loved the idea!
 

I got Levi at 8 months as a transfer pup. She was a great ambassador to my work and taught them that puppies could be good and fun and not "horribly" disracting.

She was a great girl and I think Remmy even sort of liked her.
 
 This guy loved her to death. She was his first puppy and when we returned her it was the first time he'd ever told me he hated me. Obviously he didn't meant it!

She became a guide dog of course but tragically passed away in June 2011 much before her time.
 
Naughty Mr. Ocho came next!
He gave me a run for my money but I loved it!
 

 He loved to work  so much but was such a puppy!
(From what I hear this is still the case)

 He became such a beautiful dog! Almost giving Rem a run for his money.

He became a guide dog (after spending a LONG time in training) and it was awesome to watch him work at the alumni reunion!

 Then there was Azara... or Zuzu as I called her!

She is my princess (even getting princess Minnie ears at Downtown Disney)

Tomboy!

 She fit in the family perfectly.....

 But she became a guide dog too! She went to live in Orlando Florida. I might need to go visit Disney World at some point!
 Hensley was next! (wasn't he a darling puppy)

 He was a little worried about the world

So he became a career change and lives in an awesome home where they cook for him and take him on play dates. Sometimes I'm jealous!
 Then came Bindi!

 She was sometimes naughty at work! (but that wall is gone now so its ok!)

 She loved her toys.... or maybe the other dogs put her there so she'd leave them be!

She was career changed for timidness. She lives with the a co worker who adores her and routinely tells me that she's "such a love" (and she is!)

 I got Phantom as a "started puppy", meaning I got him at 4 months.  That was awesome!

 
He was the first puppy I got to fly with on an airplane!

 
And pretty much lived on his back.....

 
 He's currently back for training. In phase 8. Hopefully he will be matched soon and we can see him at graduation. If not he's welcome home! But I don't think that will happen! Love you Phannie!

 Avery was a "starter puppy" I raised while I waited for my golden. Look at those wrinkles!

She's currently in Danville and I hope to see her again at graduation!

 Fashion is the final puppy  I raised for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
She is a super sweet little golden.

She's currently living with her new raisers in Monterrey and loving life!

And with that I hang up my Guide Dogs for the Blind puppy coat! Don't worry! There will still be puppies! It's just time for something new! 
Stay Tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment